Core is a basic version of Netrunner providing only a few essential applications on top of Plasma Desktop.
Netrunner Core, like Netrunner Desktop, is based on Debian Snapshots, with the option to easily enable Rolling Repositories.
Here is an overview of CORE:
- Based on same Debian Snapshots than the Full Desktop version
- Ships KDE Plasma / Frameworks
- Ships a reduced selection of pre-installed apps, including Dolphin, Firefox, Synaptic and Update Manager
- NoVNC is pre-installed (simply open a browser and go to “live-pc:5900”, username:live/pwd:live to access Netrunner Core from your browser)
- Plasma Services KCM: Easy to activate/deactivate Core Plasma Services, like Kwallet, Akonadi or Baloo
- Simple Menu: A new menu that resembles ChromeOS for fast browsing the available applications
It is streamlined down to approx. 350-400 MB memory useage to showcase that KDE Plasma is a great and responsive DE even on low-spec computing devices.
You can initially reach Netrunner Core from any other computer in the same local network by opening “live-pc:5900” in your browser (no plugins needed, credentials are live/live).