Netrunner Core, like Netrunner Desktop, is based on Debian, with the option to enable Debian CI Repositories.
It is a basic version of Netrunner providing only a few essential applications on top of Plasma Desktop.
Here is an overview of CORE:
- based on same Debian Snapshots than Netrunner Desktop
- ships KDE Plasma / Frameworks
- ships a reduced selection of pre-installed apps, including Dolphin, Firefox, Synaptic and Update Manager
- NoVNC is pre-installed (simply open a browser and go to “live-pc:5900”, username:live/pwd:live to access Netrunner Core from your browser)
- Plasma Services KCM: Easy to activate/deactivate Core Plasma Services, like Kwallet, Akonadi or Baloo
- Simple Menu: A new menu that resembles ChromeOS for fast browsing the available applications
Netrunner Core is streamlined down to approx. 350-400 MB memory useage to showcase that KDE Plasma is a great and responsive DE even on low-spec computing devices.
You can initially reach Netrunner Core from any other computer in the same local network by opening “live-pc:5900” in your browser (no plugins needed, credentials are live/live).