Netrunner Core, like Netrunner Desktop, is based on Debian stable.
It is a slimmed down version of the Desktop providing a very similar experience but with only a few essential applications on top of KDE Plasma.
Here is an overview of Core:
- based on Debian Stable
- ships a reduced selection of pre-installed apps, including Dolphin, Synaptic and Update Manager
- comes with the ESR version of Firefox
- NoVNC is pre-installed (simply open a browser and go to “live-pc:5900”, username:live/pwd:live to access Netrunner Core from your browser)
- Plasma Services KCM: Easy to activate/deactivate Core Plasma Services, like Kwallet, Akonadi or Baloo
- Simple Menu: A new menu that resembles ChromeOS for fast browsing the available applications
Netrunner Core is carefully tailored to use approx. 350-400 MB RAM on a fresh start, showcasing that Plasma is performing nicely and responsive even on low-spec computing devices.
You can access a running Netrunner Core system from any other computer in the same local network by typing “live-pc:5900” in your browser, the credentials are live/live.