Netrunner is based on Debian Stable, so it has been fine-tuned to be rock-solid.
That means you still get any updates and security pacthes from Debian as they are available.
For anyone wanting the latest, it is very easy to activate the “Testing” repositories any user to receive continously tested updates.
The following tutorial shows how to get the latest packages from the Testing channels:
1. Start Synaptic Package Manager
2. Select “Repositories” from the Settings Menu:
3. TICK all missing backports repositories and the testing one:
4. After all repositories are enabled, click “Ok”:
5. Confirm to “Reload”:
6. After reloading is done, click the “Mark All Upgrades” Button:
7. Confirm “Marking the requiring changes”:
8. Now click the “Apply” Button:
9. Confirm to “Apply all Changes”:
10. Wait for Synaptic to download all packages (this can take a while mainly depending on connection speed):
11. After Downloading, Synaptic automatically installes all packages (this too can take up to 30 minutes or more):
12. Wait for Synaptic to finish installing all packages, then close the dialog window:
Enjoy continuously receiving tested updates for Plasma, Frameworks, Applications and System software on Debian Rolling 🙂